After watching the videos about Makerspaces you should have a pretty good idea about what happens in a Makerspace or a Library Makerspace.
The TBPL makerspace is currently physically composed of four zones:
- An seating or classroom area outside of the room. Doubles as the SBZ area.
- A display area where the 3D printers and electronics lab resides.
- A common or meeting area including shelving.
- A 4 station computer lab with machines that are setup to do windows, linux and android development. To support 3D printing, programming, music and video production and pretty much anything required in the space.
The equipment in the space is generally available to use but at present ask in advance.
- 3D printer(s)
- Large collection of tools
- Large collection of electronics.
- A lot of materials that can be used to construct your projects.
A log of Partnership activities is available through our website.
Please come to the Makerspace after this presentation and see the 3D printer in action or arrange a visit or lesson as you have time with either myself or Ohmbase (x72xx).